“It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like,
it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.”
We offer portraits for people of all ages and sizes and so far the subjects have ranged from a few days old to a lady on her 90th birthday!
Family Sessions are generally more successful with a more relaxed and candid approach. Images and lighting are planned, but kids are diverted to activities and encouraged to explore while I follow them with the camera. This creates a less stressful session that allows the images to reflect the personality of your child and is often great fun for everyone involved. Mind you, there are some kids who just naturally like to show off!
I will discuss this with you as part of the booking and preparation process. Either way, our focus is making you feel comfortable in front of the camera and creating beautiful images that you will love and which will be treasured by you and your family for many years.
I strongly believe that professional portraits should be printed and enjoyed. My portraits are elegant and timeless making them worthy of being displayed in your home for many years or being treasured to become valued memories in years to come. There have been times in my own life when family members have passed away and photos have provided a great deal of support for those that are left behind.
Standard Session $295
These sessions are suitable for most situation, including formal portraits and lifestyle sessions.
- Preparation meeting or extensive phone consultation to discuss style, outfits and locations
- Extended session time to provide a variety of images, generally 1-2 hours
- Sufficient time to include other family members and multiple outfits
- Personalised presentation to select your images
- 15 to 25 edited images to choose from
- Three included customer selected images – Digital files and professional 8 inch print
- Additional images prints, enlargements and other options available
Express Session $195
If you are after a quick photo update for resumes, Christmas, Birthdays or some other reason (or no particular reason at all!) an express session may be just right for you.
- Preparation phone call to discuss style, outfits and locations
- Shorter session time provides limited opportunity for changes of outfit or additional subjects
- The five best images chosen by the photographer
- Online gallery to download digital images (No choice of images)
- Digital files in high resolution for printing and low resolution for social media/email of included images
- Professional prints, enlargements and other options available
Booking your Sessions
Booking a session is easy, I can be contacted by phone or email.
Before your session I will contact you to confirm the details and discuss outfits and the order of proceedings to keep all subjects happy – for example it may be important for a member of the household to get their part over and done with and retreat to the football on TV! I may sometimes request a visit to the proposed location to prepare for the conditions. You will then receive confirmation of your booking and the invoice for your session. Payment is can be made by cash, paypal or bank deposit.
A variety of upgrades are available for portrait and family session including:
There is no point in having beautiful images that sit on a computer or phone. We offer large prints suitable for framing or printing on canvas.
Please ask for a quote for larger sizes, specialty papers or canvas prints.
You can select and order extra images from the online gallery. Additional images are $50 including digital files and 8 inch prints, discounts for multiple additional images. (Not available for express sessions)
Our printing is done by a professional print company on archive quality paper and inks. These are much better quality than consumer printing at large stores and are available on different paper types and in a huge range of sizes. We can arrange for additional prints of the images you have purchased.
Large Prints: 12″ size $40
Medium Prints: 8″ size $20 per print
Small Prints: 5″ size two for $20
Deluxe Folio Boxes
These beautiful keepsake boxes hold your selection of professionally printed 8×10 images. Prints are mounted in thick 11×14 frame mounts which are ready to slip directly into a standard 11×14 frame. This arrangement is great, because you can exchange the images in your frames whenever you feel like it and your prints are safely stored while not on display.